What to Remember
Planning to move soon? Greater Hunter Removals offers you this checklist so you can make your moving easier and more organised.
4 weeks before your move
- Check the final day of your lease or the settlement date of your home.
- Get quotes from at least three removal companies.
- Allocate a budget for your move.
- Book the removal company of your choice.
- Make a list of all your unwanted items and use this as an opportunity to sell, discard, or dispose of items you no longer use or need.
- Arrange disconnection and reconnection for gas, electricity, water, telephone, and internet.
- Change address for your license, registration, and insurance.
- Contact your local post office for redirection of your mail.
- Cancel deliveries for magazines, newspapers, Etc.
- Notify new schools for children.
- Transfer Bank Accounts to your new town.
- Notify Government departments of change of address. Centre link, taxation office. Etc.
3 weeks before your move
- Order and collect moving boxes, and make sure to buy a packing tape and black marker pen to use for labelling the cartons.
- Start packing items you are unlikely to use before your move and write fragile on boxes with fragile items.
- If you are moving further away, remember to get a copy of family medical records.
- If you have pets contact your local vet and get a copy of their medical records also.
- Notify your employer of change of address.
- If you have children, notify old and new school and have children’s records transferred.
2 weeks before your move
- Arrange the redirection of your mail, magazine subscriptions, newspapers, and any home deliveries.
- Confirm removals booking.
- Start using up perishable foods from your fridge and freezer.
- Book a cleaners for final clean of your home.
1 week before your move
- Cancel all local services – gardener, etc. and subscription to newspapers and magazines.
- Contact utilities providers to have the gas, electricity connected at your new address.
- Arrange connection and disconnection of all other services to homes, water, phone, internet, Foxtel.
Contact Greater Hunter Removals for reliable and affordable removal services!
The team of expert removalists from Greater Hunter Removals that we send out to your home is prepared with all the tools required for safely handling your belongings and ensuring the safe passage to their final destination. You can trust our staff to help and assist you, making a pleasant and hassle-free moving experience for you.